Saturday, October 13, 2012

Awkward...

           I love my son.  On Thursday my mom came to pick up Cyler and I in her new car.  It was really nice.  We ran a few errands then went to lunch at a Mexican restaurant. I had a ton of food left over to bring home for my hubby since he couldn't be with us.  As I was climbing into the car the box fell and all this lovely red colored food was all over my moms light gray interior.  We managed to get it all cleaned up but my darling little child kept tattling on me.  Telling my mom that I made a mess in her new car and that it was all over the place.  He said this over and over again just using different words for emphasis.  So my mom asked Cyler if he thinks that I should go in "time out".  Cyler's response:  But I love her.  He is so awesome!

            This morning Cyler and daddy went to Lowe's to build a "ghoul bus".   It's really great, they give you all of the supplies and it's completely free.  Cyler is so proud of himself and is enjoying telling everyone that he made it all by his self.  It is pretty cute and he is looking forward to going again in two weeks to do their next project.


              Also, today we had an important meeting with a home health nurse regarding my son and the care that he receives.  She was very nice and just asked a few questions while looking through the chart and such.  Well our lovely four year old decided to climb into the dogs cage, growl, and chew on the bars.  (our tiny poodle does this when she wants out).   We were absolutely mortified and I could feel myself turning beat red.  We are absolutely all for imaginative play.  However, the timing could have been a little better.  My husband managed to pull my at this point,  screaming in protest, son out of the cage.  They went to Cyler's room to play so that I could finish up with the nurse.  The nurse and I came to the conclusion that maybe she wasn't paying enough attention to him, so I invited him out to talk to her.  Did not work so they went out of the house for a while so we could wrap up the meeting.

            We are really anxious now because we have an adoption home study coming up.  A social worker is going to come to our home to make sure that it is suitable for a child.   We can clean and prepare our home as much as we want, but we can't predict what our imaginative and curious child will decide to do at the last minute.  I don't think that all the Xanax in the world could help me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment