Thursday, February 18, 2016

Update 2016

     It has been a while and it has been crazy.  We started out the school year in the Polk Virtual and that was an epic fail.  The teacher had no clue about 1st graders and could not function/became frazzled with a full class of 7 students.  When I reached out to her she informed me that my son "couldn't" do anything and after a meeting with administrators it was decided that homeschool would be the best option for Cyler.

       It has been one of the best choices.  It has been in my heart to homeschool for a long time but I just didn't know that I could do it.  Well Cyler is doing great.  He is reading really well and is benefiting greatly from the flexibility of the schedule. He is learning so much more.  I am glad we made this choice.

      On another note, Cyler is getting ready for his first dance recital.   We weren't sure that he wanted to do it but he and the dance instructer are going to give it a try and we are going to be good supportive parents.  Though, I am eager to see if he spins off during the recital to perform his own interpretation of the dance.  This should be an interesting show.
 
        I cannot believe my kid os going ot be 8 years old in just a couple of months.  This has been one of the best years for personal growth for him.  He has made friends and is learning to handle himself in social situations.  His ABA therapy has helped him a lot with that.  All and all it was a great year.  
     

   




No comments:

Post a Comment