Monday, April 29, 2013

Cyler is 5!

We have had an interesting couple of months.   Cyler is now 5...YAY!   He decided on an M &M birthday party.  My lovely mom and sister made an egg free cake and cupcakes and everyone had mac    and cheese.  This was also the first party in which he invited his friends (half of the neighborhood). He is growing up so quickly and we are so proud of him.




He had his Mic-Key button removed a few days before his birthday.  Actually, he and I took it out at the doctor's office.  Cyler is doing very well with the eating.  We are doing a little more variety but not budging on the textures.  I am completely ok with that for right now and apparently so is he.  

Shortly after his birthday Cyler contracted strep throat.   We just went to the doctor today and caught it early.  He was not wanting to swallow and gagging easily.  Fortunately, he isn't fighting me too much on drinking fluids.  The MD told me not to worry about eating at this time and to just make sure that he drinks.  He even took his meds without much of a fight.  They did ask me if I wanted "flavoring" in his medication.  The medication said that it was cherry flavored as is, so I didn't feel it necessary to add more.  Additionally, I don't think that medicine should be made to taste like candy!

Lastly, I have wanted to homeschool Cyler since he was born.  I have always felt that he would be able to learn more about the real world from spending time in the real world instead of being in a room with 30 other children.  I feel strongly about education and I am running into so many different and opposing views.   I am not homeschooling for religious reasons or as a protest of the public school system.  I am not unschooling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment